There are many ways to give to the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and every gift is appreciated.
Outright gifts made by check or credit card provide direct and immediate support to the School. One time gifts, installment payments, and other arrangements are also available.
You can make a gift with your credit card. For complete instructions, click here.
Make your check payable to:
Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Please note where you would like the gift applied in the memo (i.e: Dean’s Fund, PT Student Travel, etc)
Mail your gift to:
University of the Pacific
Attn: Jenifer Flora – PHS
3601 Pacific Ave
Stockton, CA 95211
To make your credit card gift over the phone, please call 209.946.2303.
For questions regarding methods of payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 209.946.2303.
Types of Gifts
Gifts of Stock
If you are a business owner and you contribute closely held stock, you may take a charitable deduction for the stock’s appraised fair market value. Besides increasing your cash flow, you also avoid the potential capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the stock. The corporation may buy back the stock, but so long as Pacific is not legally obligated to sell back the stock, you may enjoy significant tax savings.
For record purposes, the date of a gift of closely held stock is considered to be the date the stock is transferred.
Features and benefits of gifts of closely held stock:
- Opportunity to make a significant gift to Pacific
- Charitable income tax deduction
- Avoid capital gains taxes
- Positive impact on cash flow
- Estate tax and probate Savings
- Excellent estate planning opportunity for yourself and your heirs
Electronic Funds Transfer
To give a gift via Electronic Funds Transfer, please email email@example.com or call 209.946.2303.
A matching gift is financial support to Pacific provided by companies through employees matching gift programs. Some companies match their employee’s monetary gifts to nonprofit organizations, such as Pacific. This allows you to multiply your support by doubling, or in some cases even tripling your gift!
How do I know if my employer will match my gift?
1. Search our Matching Gift Company Directory by clicking here.
2. Upon entering your company name you will be able to find specific program information, including:
- Matching gift ratios, maximum/minimum gift amounts
- Gift eligibility (e.g., full-time/part-time employee, spouse, retiree, widow), special terms
- Procedures for submitting request for a matching gift
- Company contact and website
3. Contact your Human Resources Department to obtain additional paperwork and information.
The Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences encourages and assists the tradition of partnership between the University and its alumni, friends, and parents. Most gifts provide a current charitable income tax deduction. However, some can also save you capital gains taxes, increase your income, and provide you, or whomever you designate, with an income for life. These gifts can also provide an estate tax deduction — an important consideration in planning your estate. There are a number of ways of making a planned gift and taking advantage of their benefits:
- Charitable Gift Annuity Program
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- College Annuities Life Insurance
- Living Trusts
- Real Estate
- Remainder Interest in Home or Farm
- Retirement Accounts
For more information on planned giving opportunities, please contact Nancy DeGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org or 209.946.2752.